Monday, August 31, 2009

F & N for I G 94 (Nature of life - self-awakening instructions)

Buddha's awakening - birth, aging, sickness & death

The cause is "Persistence" - the heart wants to persist, thus birth (effect)takes place and this leads to aging sickness & death.

What is the cause of "Persistence"? It is "To have it".

What is the cause of "To have it"? It is "Greed".

What is the cause of "Greed"? The cause of "Greed" is "Feeling".

The cause of "Feeling" is "Touch".

The cause of "Touch" is "Heart of awareness".

The cause of "Heart of awareness" is "Behavior".

The cause of "Behavior" is "Relative ignorance".

We always have the wrong perception of thinking that we have a physical presence & think that all phenomena are the existence of a physical presence. Therefore the behavior constantly changes & cannot be stable and results in the changing power of everything in the universe.

Buddha found the answer of existence of everything. He relieved from the cycle of birth, aging, sickness & death and became an awakening achiever.

Self-awakening instructions
Stay silence & still. Ask yourself repeatedly the following questions:-
1. Why do I exist here?
2. What am I doing now?
3. What's wrong with me?
4. What terrible things have I done?
5. What am I scared of?
6. What I am afraid of?

Tell yourself repeatedly:
"I want to go home".

7. How long will I be free of suffering?
8. How long will I be free of hurt?
9. Why am still here?
10. What is the purpose of my life?
11. What is the meaning of my life?
12. What have I missed?
13. Am I lonely?
14. What have I persisted in?
15. What have I desired?
16. Who am I lying to?
17. Who got hurt?
18. Who obstructs me?

Tell yourself:
1. I can awaken my heart.
2. I have love & mercy.
3. I can create light.

No comments:

Post a Comment