Tuesday, June 22, 2010

175 - Sharing of some crucial experiences in my life

I would like to share with you in confidence some of my crucial experiences in life.

It is interesting to recollect some of my past experiences. I was born in a traditional Taoist family in a remote village along Perak River. From young age, I was much exposed to my village's Christian Church activities from reading bible, weekly church services & rituals, regular gathering to singing hymns. I was then active in the church activities for about 10 years, until university days. During that period I followed a few pastors/priests in search for a blissful life, but I failed to experience inner peace!

Towards mid-70s when I commenced my career in banking and I suddenly took a keen interest in Theravadian Buddhism (Ceylonese Buddhist temple in Brickfield and subsequently I enrolled as its life-member), and gradually from there I moved on to Mahayanan Buddhism (Chinese type of Buddhism) to experience its seemingly different way of life.

As a keen Buddhist, I followed several monks for their preaching sessions from place to place, and from temple to temple. This happened from mid-70s to early 90s. During the period, I attended many classes of dharma/discourses delivered by Buddhist monks and scholars on various aspects of Buddha's teaching. I also involved myself in some religious activities such as sutra chanting though I was not particularly keen in sutra!

Then I felt disillusioned with religions and slowly I completely lost interest in Buddhism as I felt that religions could no longer satisfy my desire in searching for peace!.. and I increasingly felt that religions could not provide me with inner peace let alone solving problems of mankinds..

Then came early 90s when I took keen interest in practicing meditation in my attempt to search for inner peace, and after some months of regular practices, I failed again because I still could not experience peace of mind!..

My life journey took a sharp turn from 1998 onwards. I then "invested" tremendous precious time,energies and money into serious studies of ancient oriental philosophies of 8 characters (analysis of life & fortune), selecting auspicious names & dates as well as Feng Shui. In the process of such learning, I gained insight into life from another perspective. I had for some years provided professional consultation to many people in these areas..

Then in early 2005, I had awakened a bit!.. Suddenly one day I became very interested in 'the unseen world' and I began another new phase/chapter of my eventful journey into sub-conscious & unconscious mind. At this stage, I was extensively drawn into the world of emotional healing activities through hypnotherapy, cosmic & energy healing therapy, family constellation therapy and a bit of spirituality.

This phase was truly eye-opening & life changing for me. It gave me tremendous impact and in-depth exposure to psychic healing thro' a well known American Hypnotherapist, Sylvia Browne who was a popuplar healer and author of many healing books. I read a few and I have been keeping many of her books in the shelf gathering dust!..

I clearly recall that my son, Kevin's first exposure to his spiritual journey also started in 2005 when I shared with him about my experiences in my journey into sub-conscious & unconscious mind. Such exposure to him was greatly felt and re-enforced in Jan 2006 when he returned home for Lunar New Year, and I also recommended Sylvia Browne's books to him. I remember at that time I talked to him with great details about Sylvia's hypotherapy stories. He was also very interested in the subject.

My life journey has been tremendously changed since 2007 when my wife, Nellie and I have navigated our journey to another direction of spiritual world of ACIM through recommendation of a friend.

This is another awakening period which includes a process of unlearning all the philosophies gathered in the earlier years. I gradually unlearnt the-once-highly-honored philosophies from my mind. I abandoned and let-go of this load upon realization that 'I was insane and my mind was sick' to have spent precious life in such meaningless undertakings!.. I then realized that I must unlearn them in order to grow, awaken and to relearn TRUTH.

This phase of journey and exposure has been gradual but increasingly significant with great impact and it has transformed my life!..The transformation involves in-depth comprehension of true nature of life, gaining constant awareness of my thoughts, and ultimately moving from ego/body to Spirit..

Through ACIM I begin to remember who am I and why am I here!..

I am now more conscious of my thoughts. I become aware that in whatever I think, act or speak, I must put love first, and that every reality in my life is created only by my mind & thoughts. I have recognized that every event occurred in my life is a valuable lesson for me to practice true gratitude and forgiveness.

My heart feels great appreciation and gratitude to numerous spiritual guides in my life particularly my beloved wife Nellie, Omm Namo, Helen Liow of Taiwan, Christopher Moon of Canada, Dr Neave of Germany, Dr Aaron Lim, Dehyana (both of Melaka) and brother Kwong of KL for their roles & efforts in touching and transforming my life! My break-through point in raising my spiritual consciousness and opening of my heart mainly came from them.

Much love & blessings,
George

No comments:

Post a Comment