Saturday, September 5, 2009

F & N for I G 124 (letting-go of wanting to help people)

1. I must learn and be willing to let-go undesirable thought of "I want to help people". First, I ask myself whether helping others will give me joy and peace, whether this thought of wanting to help people is consistent with self-love. If no, I must let-go the thought of being a care-taker.

2. I love myself by fully accepting everything about myself.

3. I am aware that tragedy of a person's life will always begin from the day when he/she wants to become a good child (to please others). I will not want to do things merely to please others. If I need to do things for others, I must see to it that it will give me feeling of joy and peace.

3. We must let-go the belief system of "We ought to..", "We should do..".
Remember that as far as practicable, whatever we do, it must be something that we really enjoy doing it. Not something I ought or should do!

4. Everything in life, living or non-living things, must go through a complete cycle of four stages i.e. birth (establishing), growing (prospering), declining (weakening/sicknesses) and death (end of life cycle).

5. In this regard, all events of life also follow the flow of these four stages which are equally applicable to anything including our "life drama" which cannot be ended if this cycle of life has not been fully completed yet.

6. The process of letting-go can ONLY be fully achieved after all the four stages of the cycle have been completed. Otherwise, letting-go may not be truly achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment